1.28.2012

happy birthday, kristi!

Ok, I was 3/5 on birthdays for this month which equates to a whopping 60% which is actually considered passing (I know that ol' 60% all too well).

anyway, YESTERDAY (the 27th) my oldest sister, kristi, turned THIRTY YEARS OLD.

THIRTY!!!!

haha, just kidding. well, not about the 30 part--the part about me acting like she is ancient (even though she sort of is). it's so weird to think my oldest sibling is 30 and that my parents have a 30-year old. i bet they feel waaaaay older than kristi feels.

anyway...

kristi is one of my best friends. probably because she calls me on my crap and listens to me when i have problems, and tells me i need to calm down, and accepts my criticisms of her mom jeans or frumpy shirts. and she also doesn't get offended if i don't call back or if i end a call abruptly. because she does the same. and it works for us.

kristi has been there for me in some pretty funky times. plus, we both are married, have two kids, and love pop and donuts....so...we are like a sister-match made in heaven. she took care of me the summer i moved down to utah when i was only 17 and didn't know what to do. she let me hang out with her and her friends. like, i would crash at her apartment and sleep on her floor because i didn't want to be alone, even though she had friends over (of the male persuasion). i remember that summer she had to have her tonsils taken out (on my birthday, actually) and i took care of her (for once) and she was in so much pain and so sick but she insisted on me taking her to shopko (keep in mind she was also still high from the surgery). she told me to drive around for ten minutes and come back. when i did, she was sitting on the curb with a balloon and a card. the card said she was grateful for me and sorry i had to to spend my birthday with her in that state. and that i was her best friend. i'll never forget that.

anyway, she's awesome. and she is coming to LA in a week and a half for her birthday so we can go to disneyland! yesssssss.

happy birthday to the oldest sister i have!

*she got a tad longer post because a) she's way old and b) apparently we have no pictures together. don't worry---that will change come disneyland time.

1 comment: