1.20.2012

6 months and 2 years

I know. I'm crazy. 18-months apart is sooo perfect for these two. And to me, it doesn't seem all that weird. Until I put '6 months and 2 years' as the title of a blog post and realize that I was 3 months along with Ruby before Oliver even turned 1. Whoa.

Anyway, I realized I forgot to blog about their respective appointments, so I'll quickly do the details:

Oliver: 
38.5 pounds--over 95th
39"--over 95th

I asked the doctor how in the world Oliver wasn't over the 100th percentile. Doc said he was completely off the chart, but for documentations sake, they have to say 'over the 95th- percentile. 
Doesn't really make sense, but whatever.
He loves trucks, cars, reading, Mickey Mouse, Dora, trains, balls, 'draws' (coloring), Cars the movie, and doing flash cards with Sean. He can count to 7 and knows yellow, green, blue, purple, red, and orange.
Speaks a decent amount--I'm not in the slightest concerned about that.
Loves his BB 
(yes, his binkie. Sue me.)
Wears a size 11 shoe!
Still fits into 3T clothes, but not for much longer.
zero intrest in potty-training...
which is cool by me since I, too, have zero interest in potty-training.

Ruby:
18 pounds 11 ounces--90th
27"--75th


Ruby girl is getting chunky and is actually a tad short, considering. 
haha!
she has recently started sitting up for more than a minute or two.
she has big, brown eyes (just like big brother and dad!)
she has the most captivating smile.
Like, it melts my heart every.single.time she smiles.
(don't believe me? come visit and see for yourself.)
Wears 9-12 months clothes.
 Of course, I pour her into some of her 6 month ones, too.
Size 3 diapers...
..but let's be honest: that's mostly because I don't want to move up to 
size 4 and get less diaper for my money!
LOVES solids (obviously).

This is a pretty haphazardly written blog, but I wanted to jot some stuff down before I pay homage to each of my darling babes. In a separate post. In the future.

2 comments:

  1. Darling babies! I love that you documented all of this. You're a great Mom!! Keep the posts coming!! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete