1.01.2012

2012!

so.

I didn't do so hot on the blog thing the latter part of 2011. being flakey on your blog is soooo last year which is why I have decided that I am going to blog no less than once a week. rather than complain about how I didn't update on important events or provide documentation for absolutely anything we have done the last several months, I'll just say 2011 was very good to us and I imagine 2012 will try it's best to compete.

I should also tell you; I have a new and special person in my life. her name is Pin T. Rest. let's be honest--she takes up a lot of my free-time. like, and unbelievable amount of time and doesn't expect much in return. I use her over and over and over and over again and I know the only thing she wants in return is results. enter, book shelf (with a slight modification):

 (I promise that pocket doesn't actually sag--weird angle and stiff awkward fabric will do that, apparently).


(I haven't trimmed the dowels yet. Classy.)

obviously, the tutorial is from pinterest. It's unbelievably easy--even with the little pocket thing I added. It took me an hour from start to finish (including hanging stupid hardware. does anyone else hate hanging hardware as much as I do? The fabric looks bulky because it sort of is. I picked a wipeable fabric specifically because when Oliver eats it's like his mouth becomes a jet-powered fan and very little actually makes it into the mouth and most ends up on the walls, the carpet, his hair, and the inside of his ear. this book shelf is specifically for his art/learning/creativity stuff. This week I am going to paint the top of that table with chalkboard paint. huzzah!

1 comment: