1.26.2012

happy (belated) birthday, dad!

ugh.
i hate that i already sort of screwed this up.

mi papi's birthday was actually the 24th, but in my defense, I was in the doctor's office with ruby for 3 of those daytime hours and the rest were spent making the house not look like a bunch of frat guys lived there (fail on this one, too) and tending to ruby girl and her sicky nastiness.

anyway. my dad. man, i really love this guy. i know i have mentioned this before, but did you know he drives an hour and a half EACH way to work EVERY DAY? He gets up at 3 am. he gets home around 5 and is in bed by 7. and he drives a piece of crap geo (that he loves, mind you). he duck tapes the hood down with white duck tape..."it's seamless!" he says. 

he is kind of short-temper, LOUD person, but so am i. i think i get it from him and i sort of love that we share that. we understand each other because we both get so frustrated and spout off then immediately regret what we did. he taught me that it's always o.k. and appropriate to say you're sorry--and you should. he is handsome and loveable and the best guy to have in your corner.

happy birthday, dad!
(from our BYU graduation--see how much we look alike?!)
(and if you are wondering why my face is so fat, I'm 20 weeks preggo with O here)
 (*see, dad--you ARE still taller than me!)

this is from Christmas 07'--clearly we need to work on getting more recent pictures together.


*also, I think only my sister-in-law, shilly-dog reads the blog, so these posts will likely only be seen by good friends, random acquaintances, and complete strangers. sort of weird that complete strangers will read, yet the people they are about won't. eh, whatevs.

1 comment:

  1. I, your random acquaintance from way back in girls camp and stake dance days, love your blog - i like how you have so much to say about all your family members, and especially your pops :)

    Super sweet :)

    I also enjoy your occasional dry humor and sarcasm... so thanks for sharing your personality with the blog-o-sphere :)

    PS - Geos are pretty much amazing. I drove my bright yellow '91 Geo Storm until last year when my husband (he's a mechanic) MADE me get rid of it. I cried.

    ReplyDelete