1.10.2011

grateful

I find myself complaining an awful lot about a lot of things. I have much to be grateful for. Here is a list of some of 20 of those things (in no particular order of importance or grandeur--okay, maybe the first 5 or 6 are slightly more significant than the rest...):

1. Sean--and everything our marriage entails
2. Oliver*
3. my totally awesome and overly-sensitive family (don't any of you dare deny it)
4. my in-laws. I'm not sure how I got so lucky.
5. the Gospel (cliche, but true)
6. baby #2, even though the icky tummy is lingering far too long
7. Sean's job (a HUGE blessing)
8. new bakeware (thanks to my bro)
9. all of my shows I tivo that I get to enjoy after Oliver is in bed--you know who you are.
10. ourbestbites.com
11. meat. and milk. and butter. I can't even guess the gallons of milk I have consumed in the last 2 months. Baby knows what is good for shim (she/him).
12. my new, retro hot-dog cooker. my mom knows how to treat me right.
13. TOMS (a new red pair and a sparkly pair).
14. modern medicine and technology.
15. gossip magazines (mmmm)
16. books--my dad-in-law keeps my shelves full
17. my new shake-weight (I may be a beached whale in Mexico in April, but at least my arms will be toned)
18. a reliable car
19. the new space heater I got for the living room
20. good, good friends :-)

*being a big boy, eating chicken nuggets whole!
(well, not whole, but without them being cut up...)

4 comments:

  1. Cute picture of the little guy. And sorry to hear you're still feeling gross! It's gotta be a girl ;). And I also heart ourbestbites and seriously can't wait for their cookbook to come out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. can't wait to find out what you are having! looks like we'll be in utah for a little while in may/june. you guys better not be gone yet! wait, and when will baby be here?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You crack me up! I've gotta try your shake weight...
    Oh and the space heater has saved our lives as well!!!

    ReplyDelete