1.27.2011

flowers and ruffles?

...it's a GIRL!
Sean is shocked (but so happy).
I am not surprised
(I told you it was a girl)
Neither of us really know what to expect.
Oliver is completely oblivious.
And yes, we already have 2 darling names picked out.

The Mosman-side is especially excited. Here's why: Sean comes from a family of all boys. Sean's mom is the only girl in her family with 4 brothers. Matt (Sean's dad) has 1 sister and 3 brothers. Shantele (step-mom) has twin boys. There are two grandbabies, both of whom are boys. Catch my drift? And now my mind wanders to what she'll look like. We had a boy who looks like me, so does that mean our girl will look like Sean? What would that even look like?! I pray she doesn't have his copious amounts of body hair.

Pregnancy update: I am 18.5 weeks. I had the ultrasound at 18 weeks and my uterus was measuring 22 weeks (same as with Oliver). The umbilical cord was right between her legs (same as Oliver, again) so there really is no good lady-part shot. The doc said I could come back in 2 weeks for a better picture. I'm about 5-pounds lighter than I was at this point with Oliver, but that isn't really saying much because I was still 10 pounds over my usual weight when I got pregnant. Not that I hadn't lost Oliver's baby weight (that happened in a whopping 6 days), I just got lazy and starting eating my weight in cupcakes and crispy, coconut, chicken fingers.

I feel pretty good now. My nausea has really subsided, only on occasion will it rear its ugly head. It's weird because I first felt Oliver "kick" at 18 weeks 2 days  and this one it was much sooner--ok, that's not the weird thing--the weird thing is how in the WORLD did I not notice these same movements with Oliver? It really blows my mind. It feels like there is a steel tumbleweed bouncing around inside.

Oh, I am going to write a separate blog about Sean's snowboarding accident this past Monday, but I don't have the energy to do so at this time. Stay tuned.

8 comments:

  1. I too hope she isn't born with Sean's copious body hair. Perhaps a fast is in order? ;)

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. My word verification that time was "scrood".

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO many boys...she is going to have it made! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! Girls are the best. Okay so I only know what it's like to have a girl but they sure are great. You will love her. We are so excited for you. I seriously checked everyday to see what you are having. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With you two as her parents, she will certainly be adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A GIRL!!! Is it a good thing or a bad thing we are about to have a baby event at my work? Your daughter may have to suffer the consequences of my lack of self control and overspending :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. congrats! This is great news. Wow!

    ReplyDelete