12.26.2010

a student...again...

I know I need to post pictures. I will get on that when we get back to Provo.

Anyway, I don't know if I mentioned this previously, but I am going back to school next semester.
Yuck.
I know, I know. You all thought I graduated. I walked with Sean in August of 2009 (when I was 20 weeks pregnant with Oliver) because I was only 8 credits shy of my degree and we were moving to Texas and blahblahblah. Funny thing: the classes I need are generals. GENERALS! I know, so lame. Why didn't I complete them, oh, 6 years ago? No clue. I just figured I would do independent study while we were in Texas, thinking that we were never going to be back in Provo.

But Provo always sucks you back in.

So here I sit, perfecting my class schedule. I figured it would probably be easier to just take the classes on campus since we're here. I am 24 years old, 14 weeks pregnant with a 1-year old at home, and taking classes with a bunch of 17/18 year olds. It's going to be awesome.

*Oh! An interesting thing! So, my totally awesome OB (the one who does all the ultrasounds for all of his patients) told me at my 12-week appointment that I would be finding out the gender at my next appointment. What?! I said, "But I'll only be 16 weeks!" To which he confidently replied, "Summer, I have 99.8% accuracy in gender prediction from 15 weeks, so long as baby cooperates." For a guy in his 60's who has been doing ultrasounds as long as he has been practicing, I like my odds. Chinese gender predictor says a girl--they also said Oliver would be a boy, so maybe? I am hoping that with my severe prepubescent acne issues and general lack of physical appeal that it's a girl, sucking all the semi-descent normalities ( mild to moderate skin dryness/acne, and somewhat manageable hair) from me. We will (hopefully) find out January 7th!
 So, boy or girl?

4 comments:

  1. EXCITING!! I'm hoping you have a girl as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BOY!.. but you would have a REALLY cute girl! So I hope girl!.. but Oliver is so cute, so boy again!..

    ReplyDelete
  3. GIRL GIRL GIRL! Come on, everyone's having them ;). And I know what you mean about looking like a jr high kid again. I will be happy when this baby is born and hopefully my face will go back to normal. And good luck with your classes. Sorry, but I don't envy you in the least! It will be nice to have them done though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooo...that sounds rough. Good luck with the whole school thing. I had plenty o' acne with Sadie, so I say girl! But I was more generally disgusting with Maddox, so hmmmm...can't wait to find out!

    ReplyDelete