12.19.2010

such a brat.

I'm a brat. I hate it when people announce a pregnancy and don't post details. I did it in a hurry (because I wanted the blogging world to find out before the FB world--we actually haven't even FB announced it yet (no reason why not)). I just figured our good friends/best stalkers should find out first. So, here is a little about this pregnancy:

*This was a planned pregnancy. No 'oopsie' moment here. Started "trying" (I hate saying) in August, found out I was pregnant in October.
*I'm 13 weeks--due the end of June.
*I've been sick as a dog. SO much nausea. I have been taking phenergan since week 6--religiously up until about a week ago. I am pretty tired, which probably has more to do with a crazy 1-year old than being pregnant. Maybe both.
*I think it's a girl. But I thought Oliver was a girl.
*I've already had 3 ultrasounds. I know, so lucky. The reason why: I decided on a doctor in Provo after absolutely hating my doctor with Oliver (he's in Texas, anyway) and had my first appt. and ultrasound with him at 8 weeks. While at that appt. I found out that Timp Hospital will NOT do vbac deliveries. Grr. The closest hospital that would do it (that my insurance covers) is in Payson. Per my cousin's recommendation, I am seeing Dr. Crouch in Payson and I absolutely love him. I have had a total of 4 ob's and he is the only doc who does the ultrasounds. I love that. Plus, when I've gone in to see him he says, "I've got a little time, do you wanna see baby?" Uh, yes, please!
*Did I mention I am planning on doing a vbac? Meaning, vaginal after cesarean. I had a c-section with Oliver (I hated it) and will do all I can to avoid another.
*As of right now, I look like I did at 20 weeks with Oliver.
*Oliver and new baby will be 18-months apart--perfect for us.

Oh! I wanted to give a brief update on Sean's law school stuff: he has received 2 acceptances thus far--UCLA (#15) and Duke (#10)! Not bad for back-up schools, eh?

6 comments:

  1. Oh, so many interesting details! I have to say my favorite is the end of June birthday!!! Perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I love all the details! I'll do better at updating too :). I bet you're having a girl. That would be so fun! Sorry you've been so sick. It is totally the pits. Hopefully you only have a couple more weeks of being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer! Dr. Crouch was our bishop here at BYUI! We love him. Right when I started at his for my pregnancy w/ Avie is when he was having wrist surgery and getting ready to move to Payson! Tell him Hi from the Buie's! He is a great guy and all my friends who had him for a doc, loved him!

    Sounds like everything is going well. Oh, I remember being soooo tired some days when I was pregnant. Hang in there. And it's always OK to turn on some cartoons and take a snooze here and there when you need to.

    That's awesome about your schools so far! Way to go Sean. He must be a genius! :) So excited for you guys and to see where you'll be. When will he start? Is it next fall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. I've heard peppermint helps w/ nausea. Have you tried it? Stock up on candy canes while you can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love updates! Thanks! And GO SEAN!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaaayyyy!!! Congrats! How very exciting! Sorry to hear you're so sick. You weren't really too sick with Oliver, right? Zofran kind of helped me. So nice to have an OB you love. And I'm interested in the VBAC issue. You'll have to let me know how it goes. Weird that there are hospitals that just won't do them. I guess segregation still exists today. Now I know how it feels to be black. I need to call you soon. Congrats!!! P.S. When do you find out about BYU?

    ReplyDelete