10.04.2010

whoops

I get so irritated when people don't update their blog. How dare they deprive me of my daily blog creepin'. And here I go, doing the thing I hate most. Here is a rapid fire update over the last 2 weeks:

Oliver had his 9-month check-up--stats as follows:
31.5" and 22.11 pounds.

He's getting so big! He is off the charts for height and around the 89th percentile for weight. His head is enormous coming in the 95th percentile (obviously--he's got a huge brain to house). He started taking his first steps at about 8 months and now successfully walks everywhere. Oliver and I spent the week of September 22nd-29th with my ridiculously awesome in-laws in northern California. Matt and Shantele flew me out (for my birthday) and I spent the week being treated to lunches, delicious dinners (prepared by Shan--that's what I call her and I never thought to ask if she cared. That's love for ya), and wonderful company and chats. Oliver has no idea how much he is loved by them and the boys*. It's just such a huge blessing.

While in California, the weather gods continued their awful tricks with me and brought sweltering heat and humidity the majority of my trip making clothing pretty much obsolete (don't judge). Luckily, we spent the weekend in Santa Cruz (where it topped out at a "much cooler" 90 degrees), lounging by the pool at our adorable boutique hotel. Good thing, too, because we all quickly found out that Oliver takes after grandpa when it comes to humidity--he becomes the angry kid. Anyway, it was so much fun. Shan has pictures from the week I'm hoping she'll send me soon (hint hint).

Oliver was able to spend time with grandma, uncle Miles, and uncle Riley while there, too. Miles was the catalyst in Oliver walking. Oliver adores Miles and has since their first meeting in July. He took 8 steps to Miles September 16th and has progressed rapidly since. Now he walks around the house like an adult. Thanks to Miles for helping out!

Since I know this is all you people care about, enjoy (do make note of Oliver's ridiculously goofy hair):
 I love his face and pokey ears in this one...


Oh yeah, his front tooth finally broke through! He now has 2.2ish teeth.


*I keep forgetting to explain who is who and how we're related since it is kind of confusing with everyone, so here it is:

 grandpa -->Matt, who is Sean's dad
nana-->Shantele, who is Sean's step-mom (and a little bit my girl crush--what can I say, she's a woman after my own heart)
the twins-->Shantele's 10-year old cutie-pies Nikko and Nickolas--we are all so glad to have them as part of the family!
grandma-->in respect to this particular post, is Sean's mom, Lisa. My mom is also grandma, but not in this post. ok.
papa--> my dad (also not mentioned in this post, but should be established, nonetheless).
Oh, and between Sean and I, I have 18 brothers and sisters (including in-laws).

Ok. I feel much better having made that list for you.

4 comments:

  1. How dare you deprive me of my daily blog creepin'. :) But really, I do the same thing. I am too lazy to blog but feel it is others responsibility to blog daily, with pictures.
    What awesome in-laws! Mine used to live 2 minutes away and never once came to our house. I don't mind thought. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely my all-time fav Oliver outfit. Little gap model extraordinaire for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Summer! I cheered aloud when I saw you had a new post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I just found your blog..(I'm so so bad at keeping up on ours but we have internet now so hopefully that will change) It was good seeing you guys this last week. Oliver is so cute!!!

    ReplyDelete