10.07.2010

thursday thoughts

I am loving the cooler, autumn weather in Provo. I actually used the heat in the car today!

Oliver has been fussy for the last week or so. Turns out his front tooth was pushing through (noticed it on Sunday)! He wasn't getting any better and I looked yesterday and what did I see? BOTH had pushed through. Poor guy.

I called my mom to ask for pointers on putting up Halloween spiderweb stuff. She said, "You just throw it up." Hey, mom, remember how you've been working with the oddity that is spider webbing for over 30 years? And this is my first year? You can't just "throw up" Halloween spider webbing your first go-around and expect it to look good. It took me 2 hours to get it right. And I'll be honest: it looks real good.

It is never a good sign when you get a piece of chicken from the Gas-n-Go and rip off a piece and start eating it and realize you have to treat it like an artichoke--using your teeth to scrape off the goodness. I should have known when Holly said, "Yeah, we made those at, like, 5AM, but the breading gets put on pretty thick which I think protects the chicken."

I failed the safety portion of the safety and emissions test last week because our front two windows were 5% too dark. I took it across the street to get the tint removed the lady said it was $20 to remove and $90 to remove and put back on after you passed safety (shady, eh?). I said I didn't care if the windows were tinted and that sunglasses could provide the tint I would need. Two things on sunglasses: 1.) they are great for shielding the glare of the sun, the sheen of snow, or hiding the mascara that tatooed itself under your eyes because you didn't wash it off the night before and 2.) they do NOT, however, shield other people from looking in and judging you for wrangling with the rubbery chicken you've been gnawing on at every stoplight between the Gas-n-Go and our house (8 lights total).

Note to self: re-tint the windows. And never listen to Holly about chicken.

1 comment:

  1. Hehehe Hahaha! I love how honest you are :)and I hope Oliver is feeling better, but I don't like the cold...

    ReplyDelete