9.01.2011

ruby ruby rubeeeeeh, ahuhahuhahuhhhhaaaa

(it's a song by Kaiser Chiefs--> listen here)

Ruby girl is 2 months old!
oh my, I just love this girl. I am sad she's no longer my itty-bitty newborn but I forget how much I love the infant stages. she is still such a sensitive soul--such a stark contrast from her psycho brother--it makes her little personality extra-special. it's a wonder I get anything done during the day since she demands I hold her every waking second of the day (oh, she just pooped on my lap. literally. i'll be right back--see?? I even hold her when I blog!)

Ok, I'm back. She had her appointment a couple of days ago and here are her stats:
11 pounds 14 ounces--75th-90th percentile
23.25 inches--75th-90th percentile
I don't remember the measurement, only that it was in the 95th percentile.
Freakin' noggin'. 
So, she's pretty big (obviously). 
For comparisons sake, here are Oliver's from his 2-month:
13 pounds 9 ounces--95th percentile
25 inches--95th percentile
95th percentile noggin.

So, there you have it. What is super weird about my babies is they weigh heavy, but they don't look chubby. Like, at all. They look super lean. In fact, a lady in the mother's lounge at church couldn't get over how skinny her legs were (although, her 6-month old has legs about as big as mine, so yeah).

She is a great nighttime sleeper. oh.my.gosh. Last night she slept from 10PM-6AM. 
it was an exceptionally good night.
normally she does between 6-7 hours after her last nighttime binge. when people find out they say, "oh you are sooo lucky" or, "not fair!" psh. when you have a toddler who didn't sleep through the night for a year and a half, we can talk.

last few noteable things about ruby cakes:
still nursing
NOT spitty at all (can you believe it?!)
thooooper sensitive
is happy when she is being held or fed
has thick brown hair coming in
her feet have grown an inch (!!!!) since she was born--they are 4 inches 
looks like her eyes will be light--time will tell.

no picture for this post--we got a new computer yesterday and haven't uploaded any. but soon!



2 comments:

  1. i really want to meet her! goodness! you are such a good mommy summer! whens the next one? jk :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Ruby cakes, too! She is such a sweet, sensitive soul and will probably help keep her big brother in line in the upcoming years ;) It was so dang fun to visit you guys. Keep it up with the updates, and more pics, please!

    ReplyDelete