8.02.2011

I suck again!

Sorry. I have been on an almost 1-month hiatus (unintentionally) and I have lots to catch up on. After over 2500 miles of driving over a 9-day period, we are FINALLY at our home for the next 3 years: Aspen. 
Just kidding!
Los Angeles!

We are officially here and (mostly) moved in. For those who have asked us what part of LA, we now have an answer--we live in the Mar Vista part or whatever you call it, though our city address is officially Los Angeles. We are about 3 miles from UCLA campus, 5 miles from Santa Monica Pier, and 5 miles from Hollywood. So in other words, a pretty sweet location. Our apartment is great--a nice and spacious 2 bedroom/2 bath with a garage in a gated complex with 3 enclosed playgrounds for the kiddies as well as a pool and half basketball court. Oh, and all the grills one could ever hope for that are free to use whenever we want.

I wanted to post some pictures of the last two weeks to give a quick catch up of our travels. We decided to take a quick trip up to Washington before moving--and before moving I mean literally 2 days before we were leaving Utah to California. We got to see my Auntie Kay and Uncle Bob and Kevin and Shalee's new house! Unfortunately, I only have pictures of Oliver gardening at Auntie Kay's:


Sorry there aren't any pictures of Ruby. Haha. I think I forget sometimes that she is there--not in a neglectful-parent-type way, but in a oh-I-have-two-kids-to-take-pictures-of-now sort of way. 

Fast-forward to our little pool at our complex:




I know, the jheri curl is killing me.

And...to finish up this post, pictures from our first trip to the beach! Again, no good pictures of Ruby:


  beware of giganto foot in the left corner.

I promise the next post will have more of Rubert (Ruby).

2 comments:

  1. super cute! yeah for L.A.! more pictures of Ruby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay I love it! So excited for you guys! :) Aurelia and I went to your apartment twice for a last visit but you guys were in Washington. Sad.

    ReplyDelete