3.12.2011

kiddo #2 update & new stroller!

Little lady: Well, I am almost 25 weeks. What?! I know--it's going by really fast. It's funny: with your first, you want the pregnancy to go by quick and you want them to come as early as is safe and blahblahblah. With the second (or at least that's how it is for me), I'm slightly terrified I only have 15 weeks left. I want her to stay in as long as she wants (within reason--don't you get any ideas, lady).

How am I feeling? I started to feel much better around week 18. I haven't taken any phenergan since then (hallelujah)! My skin is much better than it was with Oliver at this same time (I know, I totally complained about it being awful 10 weeks or so ago...), which is a nice bonus. I have gained about 10 pounds to date. I remember my largest weight gain with Oliver was between weeks 24-28 (freaking 7 pounds). I'm not entirely optimistic this pregnancy will be much different.

How am I measuring? My uterus is consistently measuring 3 weeks ahead and has been since week 16. She's measuring about a week ahead. It makes me laugh a little when people (who now recognize I am pregnant) will ask when I'm due and are shocked because I'm so small. I think people forget that I'm 6'2. I finally have the "roundness" of a pregnant belly instead of the dumpiness. I'll post a picture in a few days.

I think that's about it! We are so excited to have a girl. We have a list of about 10 names but as soon as we narrow it down to 3 or 4, I'll post them for all y'alls input. I always hate it when people say, "We know the name but we're keeping it secret until we have the baby!" Nooo! I am ADD way too bad to do that. Most are worried someone will steal their name. Copying (or imitation or whatever) is the most sincere form of flattery! However, I have lots of friends who fall into the "we aren't announcing the name" category, and I still love them. :-)

OH! We made our first (huge) baby purchase--behold:
The Britax B-Ready (picture it in black).
After pouring through reviews AND going and trying out my top 3 with Oliver (Phil&Teds, City Jogger, and Kolcraft Contours), this won in a landslide (and it's not just because I'm a huge fan of Britax. So there).
Here's why:
1) It's immediately compatible with our infant car seat, but for now we just put Oliver in the main seat.
2.) The main seat holds up to 55 pounds and the second seat, 35.
(Phil&Teds--main seat 44 pounds, second seat 33)
(Baby Jogger--both seats were 45 pounds--but good luck trying to get your 3 or 4 year old to be the one sitting underneath (with practically ZERO legroom, mind you)
3.) MUCH more leg room for the baby underneath (trust me on this one) and very adequate space for the diaper bag, too--plus, there is a zipper access under the main seat to make it even easier to access.
4.) Both seats come standard with very adequate sun shades, whereas (unless you purchased the upgraded models of the P&T, you had to pay additional for the visors).
5.) The handle bar. I know that sounds weird, but when you and your husband are huge like us, we absolutely needed a stroller that we wouldn't have to hunch over to push.
6.) BOTH seats have 3 recline positions!
7.) It compactly folds with BOTH seats still attached.
7.) Lastly (I'm tired of writing): it navigates akin to a hot knife through butter. I mean, so smooth.

Now, no stroller is perfect, so here are a few things I don't like so much:
1.) When it's folded, there isn't really a convenient place to grab it and pick it up.
2.) Well, I guess there is just one thing I don't like.

Anyway, we have been saving for this since we found out we were pregnant and I was patiently waiting for there to be a promotion on some of the doubles we were looking at. So, March 1st rolls around and Britax is doing a "Ride Free" event, where if you purchase the B-Ready you can pick either an infant car seat, bassinet, or second seat FREE! Hello, savings of $150-$230! Plus, I found it for an additional 20% off. 
Booya.
To P&T's credit, they are offering a similar promotion 
(like I said before--see previous post--imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

*Click here to see the beast in action*

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a cute new stroller!! I have my heart set on the Phil & Ted, I've been looking for the perfect sale to seal the deal! (I'm not prego, but you know it's never bad idea to get ahead start on these sort of things!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should be a car sales woman! You convinced me and I'm glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you get ALL the best baby gear! And I can tell you really like Britax ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this Britax one before, but it sounds awesome. That's the one thing that keeps me from really sealing the deal on a Phil & Ted's - the weight factor. Avie is already about 30 lbs so I don't feel like it would last that long, granted yes, for other kids, but glad to know there's others that are bettter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the stroller review! :) We are looking at the Kolcraft Contours Tandem....I'd be interested in what you thought of that, keeping in mind it would be for two infants. :) Anyways, I need to see you, and a belly picture needs to be posted!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The doctor said there were claw marks on the walls of her uterus...

    ReplyDelete