6.24.2010

Grr.

I am still working on a design for this blog, all to no avail. I haven't blogged in FOREVER and I'm getting the itch, so I'll just deal with it as is and when the blogging world provides me with an epiphany, I'll grab the bull by the horns and attempt to redesign. Again.

Oliver is now CRAWLING! I don't know how to post videos, but if we're FB friends you can see it there. He turned 6-months June 14th and started officially crawling (like, crawling around the room) the 18th. Since then he has started to pull himself up onto furniture--I know, are you kidding me?! I have been told by everyone and their dog bigger babies tend to crawl and walk later since they are heavier and have a bigger body to work with. I can't believe my 6-MONTH OLD is crawling.

Speaking of big kids, we were able to do his 6-month, well-child checkup at about 5 1/2 weeks in Texas and he was over the 100th percentile for height and weight. He did really well with his immunizations, considering the nurse who did them was, I think, RETARDED and took about 3 minutes to do four shots (no joke). This was the first "shots" appointment Sean went to, and I think, the last. He did NOT enjoy it, but like we both say, it's a tiny price to pay for what we're doing for him in the long run.

We are finally settled into our cute apartment in Provo. My mom was able to drive back down with us from Washington to help decorate and get the house put together. It looks amazing, per usual, and I am delighted with the results. I'll post pictures of the house later on!

Another quick update on Oliver: he is now over 21 pounds and a little above 30 inches. We are now on the hunt for the next size up in car seat (another expense...geesh!). He is the most active baby I have ever been around (my mom agrees and she had 9!). He is just an absolute delight and I thank Heavenly Father every day for such a wonderful little boy.

*Ok, I left for a half hour to try and find pictures...it seems as though I haven't uploaded any recently. Fail #2. Maybe someday I'll get it together and not be such a failure. :-)

**Update: I found some pictures! Enjoy.

Last month in Texas
happy little man (and my sweet one-piece)

Huge-o sleeping after his 5 1/2 checkup 

Chilling, watching Sponge Bob after church

Feeling his new tooth (yes, his first tooth)!

More Sponge Bob (we're such good parents)

4 comments:

  1. I like it. The blog that is. You'll get it all figured out. I think it's easier to load videos through Vimeo or YouTube and then just add the html code to your post rather than loading a video through the actual Blogger program because it takes forever! That's just what I do. Good to hear an update, and yes, add pictures pronto. I can't believe Oliver is crawling. That's nuts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I would be the one to point this out but...Sean looks nekkid in that poolside picture. Just sayin'. I can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Summer I can't believe how much he has grown, he is adorable and these photos were long overdue, you have such a cute family, the blog looks great and I love the clever heading name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the new bloggity.
    your boy is adorable and getting so big!
    i cant believe he is crawing! b didn't do that till like 9 months!!!! what a smart little kid you have got there!

    ReplyDelete