9.03.2010

my personal book club

I haven't reported my readings in quite some time. I finished Eat, Pray, Love--I liked ok, I guess, but likely won't read it again. It was somewhat painful getting me to read through the whole thing after the "Eat" portion she spent in Italy, which I hear is the issue many faced when reading it. Oh, well. Happy to have finished it and am looking forward to seeing the movie to see if it is any better.

Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday of this week were spent devouring Suzanne Collins' delicious treats of Hunger Games, Catching Fire, and Mockingjay. Yummy. I looooooooved these. Easy reads, great story, good writing, and in the end the Katniss picked the appropriate suitor, meaning, the guy I was hoping she would end up with, because I'm a creep and I totally get into the whole romantic part of every book I read and it really affects me negatively when the romantic part goes awry, prevailed.
Don't you judge me-I bet the same thing happens to you.
Anyway: 


You won't regret reading them!

6 comments:

  1. You read all three of those in three days??! Holy moly! I am on the wait list for Hunger Games at the library. I started at #43; I think now I'm at #21. Haha... They must be good! I can't wait to read them!

    I am reading City of Ashes right now, the 2nd in a series by Cassandra Clare. They're pretty good, but I never thought I'd read stories like Twilight, and I'm coming to find out I am - like with the whole "other world" type thing, i.e. vampires, werewolves, shadowhunters, demons, etc., etc.

    And yes, I love a good love story, so when there is a little of that involved, it makes the book that much better!

    If you want some always-happy ending love stories, check out one of Marcia Lynn McClure's. So cheesy, but so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally agree about Eat, Pray, Love. I wanted to just eat myself stupid after reading the Eat part. . YUUMMM!! The rest of ok. Haven't read the Mocking Jay yet. It's on my list. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AH! I thought you were going to say who she picked, so I was reading this post through half shut eyes, to stop myself if it got too detailed! I love Peeta but not the new Peeta and I can't STAND Gale for some reason... sigh. I don't know WHO I want. Don't tell me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just started reading it yesterday! I think that makes me the LAST Mormon mom on Earth to do so. After I finish them all, we'll have to discuss. And then we can discuss Vampire Diaries. :)

    And I'm sorry you spent any measurable time at that bacteria-riddled duck pond. It is so disgusting and the reason I hate duck ponds everywhere. But at least Oliver looks adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK Summer, per your poste on this book I went and bought it yesterday and read half of it while sitting at the Mariner game (I'm the worst fan ever). So far I'm thinking it was a good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha ha. I am glad she picked that guy too! I feel like we need to do book club over the phone! ha ha. If you find another good read, let me know! I have been reading so much lately!

    ReplyDelete